Inaugurated in 1935, the station of Siena is situated in piazza Carlo Rosselli, several kilometres from the city of the city and has 7 platforms and a wide awning.
The complex comprises three different buildings: the passenger area for public use has two side wings which are used as service areas. To the left of the entrance is the office building which has a tall tower.
The large station square is also used as the bus terminus. On the other side of the square, facing the station, connecting escalators lead directly to the historical centre of the city.