The Bell of the Fallen is fused with the bronze of the guns of the nations taking part in the First World War and is the world's largest swinging bell. Every evening at sunset its hundred strokes are a warning of universal peace. Born from an idea of Don Antonio Rossaro, the Bell of the Fallen of Rovereto was merged in Trento in 1924 and baptized with the name of Maria Dolens and was placed on the tower of Malipiero Castle of Rovereto. The Bell, recast in Verona in 1939, returned to Rovereto exactly one year later. In 1960, following a serious and irreparable crack, Maria Dolens was refounded at the Capanni foundries in Castelnovo Né Monti (Reggio Emilia). The current bronze blessed by Pope Paul VI, was placed on the hill of Miravalle on November 4, 1965, from where it still dominates the city of Rovereto. In the museum area there is a permanent photographic exhibition on the history of the Bell of the Fallen.