Located between the valleys of Conca and Foglia and surrounded by hills of vines, bay trees and centuries old olive orchards, the borgo of Montegridolfo (RN) was first mentioned in approx. 1000 C.E.. Entirely surrounded by a protective perimeter of high polygonal walls with a single entrance, a tower overlooking the 16th century gate, the borgo is a small conglomerate of alleys and restaurants.
Significant buildings include: the Malatestiano Castle, dating to 14th century and now the Town Hall; the Church of St. Peter towards the valley whose origins date to before 1000 C.E. and was rebuilt after WWII; the Church of St. Roche built in 1427; the Sanctuary of the Beata Vergine delle Grazie located in the nearby area of Trebbio, and the Museum of the Gothic Line with documents and artefacts from WWII.