Villaggio Leumann is a working-class neighbourhood in the municipality of Collegno just outside Turin, built at the end of the 1800s by Napoleone Leumann, a businessman of Swiss origins. The area is a splendid example of industrial building transformed into art and completely integrated with the surrounding landscape.
Leumann commissioned the engineer Pietro Fenoglio to build a residential complex around his cotton factory to house his skilled workers. The Art Deco complex was built between 1875 and 1907 on 60,000+m2 of land and included approx. 60 buildings divided into 120 housing units.
The Leumann cotton factory closed in the 1970s and the buildings became property of the Municipality of Collegno who took on responsibility for safeguarding the borgo and assigning the remaining houses. Today the village is still inhabited by several workers from the Cotonificio Leumann together with approximately one hundred families assigned housing.